Nepal - Mt Everest
Coffee beans |
This coffee is grown on the mountainside of the Himalayas, a region well known for growing tea.
Although it is true that the coffee growing project began for several reasons:
- Participate in the agro-export business in Nepal.
- Create jobs for far backward farmers in the plantation area with an emphasis on prioritizing women.
- Promote ORGANIC agriculture.
- Promote reforestation and soil conservation
- Support a small primary school in the local village.
The plantation is watered through the cool snow-capped waters of Mount Ganesh Hima, which is a mountain range in the Himalayas located mainly in north central Nepal, although some peaks are on the border with Tibet. The chain is located about 70 km north-northwest of Kathmandu.
It is located 500 m above sea level. Due to the proximity to the high snowy mountains, going higher would place us in an area of high frost where the plants would not survive.
The coffee is 100% hand washed and sun dried.
Tasting notes: This coffee has flavors of milk chocolate and cocoa nibs.
Roasting: Medium roast
Altitude: 500 m
Subscribe and save time by automatically receiving your order at the desired frequency! No need to re-order!
Subscribe and save up to 5%!
* based on the total of your subscriptions